Thursday, April 23, 2009

NanoWave Update

Well, I've done a few things to my Nano Reef tank here, I added 3 Nassarius Snails, 2 Blue-Legged Hermit crabs and 1 Scarlet Hermit. I got a Montipora Digitata SPS frag for $2 as well just to see how well it would do in my newly established tank here. I also arranged the rock so that there would be caves and bridge-like structures to make things more interesting. If I like them the way they are now I may epoxy them together so they don't move around with the little invertebrate's digging around in the sand there.

I started adding some Kalkwasser today as a top-off which is basically RO or distilled water with calcium hydroxide added to it. So it's basically lime-water :) Helps with the parameters of a reef tank so I should start to see a lot more coralline growing in there hopefully!

Here is a pic of the rock setup:

The Montipora Digitata:

This is a cool shot of a couple of 'Spinoid Worms' and one of the Blue-Legged Hermits:

Another one of the Blue-Legged Hermits perched on the ledge of some rock:

The Scarlett Hermit:

No comments: