Monday, May 4, 2009

Hydor Korali Nano Powerhead

Well, last week I picked up a Hydor Korali Nano powerhead for the tank, I decided to go with the flow of the factory pump but I may change it up a bit later on. I really like this thing and it hits the dead spots in the tank with ease.

My corals are doing ok, the Candy Cane coral is looking a little sad today but Saturday night it had its feeders out full force to the point where it looked like a little anemone. I have it anchored near the top, about 4 inches from the surface. The Zoas are doing great, they open up all the way now and seem fairly happy. The SPS is still doing fine where I put it a few days ago. The Galaxy coral is off by itself and is still rather small but I don't want to risk it stinging any other nearby corals because those can stretch further than you'd think. I added a turbo snail last week and it has been doing much better than expected in getting rid of that hairy algae, most of it is gone!

I've actually started to see coralline growing near the bottom of my tank on the glass and a few spots in the substrate. That's a good thing! Need to maintain top off water with the calcium and alkalinity so the coralline doesn't use it all up.

I plan on checking the parameters again this evening after work and doing another water change this week, probably on Wednesday if everything is ok.

Here are a few pictures of the tank recently:


No comments: